Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How can I prove to the contractor and manufacturer that my replacement windows are not good?

I replaced all of the windows and doors in my house. My house is still cold in all the rooms and I cannot sit on the couch or chairs by the windows. It doesn't matter what I put the thermostat on. The heat warms the interior corridors, then when we walk into a room with windows it is cold. When I open the blinds in the morning, a blast of cold escapes into the room. I also feel a small amount of cold air leaking at the window corners where the gl meets the vinyl frame. The window sills and gl are cold. It seems that the cold comes right through the gl itself. These are low e, argon gas double panes (Ideal 4500 series windows). Is there a technical test to prove that these windows are not good so that I can argue this to the installer and manufacturer?

No comments:

Post a Comment